The Scottish Government has just published the Recommendations of the Public Health Review Group.
Its recommendations include:
• The development of a national public health strategy
• An enhanced role for public health professionals in new integrated joint boards, that will link NHS and local authorities as part of health and social care integration, and in community planning partnerships
• Further work to review organisational arrangements in Scotland
• Planned development of the public health workforce and wider staffing
• Clarifying and strengthening the role of directors of Public Health
• Achieving greater coordination of the valuable input from public health academics
The full press release and publication itself can be accessed via the Scottish Government website, here.