Putting Caring Conversations into Practice is a free online training resource designed for both medical and non-medical staff in general practice settings.
Effective conversations are a key aspect of person centred care and at the centre of the House of Care model promoted by the Scottish Government. Improving conversations between healthcare professionals and patients, particularly those with long-term conditions, has been shown to improve outcomes for both parties – Caring Conversations shows you how.
Using an evidence-informed model, real-life case studies and a mix of film and interactive content, Caring Conversations is an engaging and educational online tutorial.
- FREE online tutorial lasting approx 1 hour
- Developed from evidence informed research by Professor Belinda Dewar, University of the West of Scotland
- Individual and group learning options
- Downloadable tools and additional resources
- Continuing Professional Development certificate
Go online to access the tool at www.CaringConversations.scot
This resource is funded by the Scottish Government.