QNIS supports, develops, and inspires Scotland’s community nurses and midwives to become agents for health improvement and catalysts for social change. Together, we are building a healthier, fairer, kinder Scotland.
We support community nurses and midwives by:
- enabling them to tackle health and care inequity, sustainably, and in partnership with local people
- providing transformational development programmes that inspire compassionate, creative, and courageous leadership
- collaborating with others to shape and influence research-informed responses to Scotland’s public health challenges
- advocating for nursing’s vital contribution to person-centred integrated health and social care
- encouraging a focus on self-care and the fellowship of retired Queen’s Nurses
Our Patron, Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II supported the Institute until her death in 2022. Buckingham Palace will confirm Her Late Majesty’s successor as Patron in due course.