We are a charitable organisation promoting excellence in community nursing to improve the health and well-being of the people of Scotland.
Our purpose is to enable nurses who work in Scotland’s communities to be the very best they can be.
We have eight priorities for action between 2016 and 2020.
- reintroduce the Queen’s Nurse title to Scotland
- provide development programmes and awards for community nurses
- hold a major community nursing conference in Scotland every year
- develop a “Community Nursing Observatory” – a hub from which nurses can access research and evidence to improve their practice
- create a community nursing think-tank to shape policy on key topics
- enable the fellowship of the retired Queen’s Nurses
- create an interactive record of our history
- build an organisation which enables staff and trustees to give their best and achieve their potential
We are about:
CONNECTING people who share a passion for high-quality nursing in the community by:
- encouraging people across generations, professions and agencies to work together
- helping nurses to stay in contact with each other to strengthen their professional identity, confidence and resilience
- working with others to share good practice and to promote nursing leadership, research, education and practice
- supporting nurses to engage meaningfully with their communities
- keeping retired Queen’s Nurses in touch with one another and with the nursing profession
EQUIPPING nurses with the education, skills and confidence they need to help people achieve better health and well-being by:
- helping nurses understand how policies affect their roles and how they can bring about positive change in community nursing practice
- seeing nurses’ potential and supporting them to take advantage of education and development opportunities
- making research evidence available to nurses and helping them put it into practice
- giving nurses the skills and confidence to solve everyday problems
- supporting retired Queen’s Nurses with companionship and financial help
CHAMPIONING nurses’ roles as advocates for quality health and care by:
- raising the profile of nursing’s role in improving the health and wellbeing of Scotland’s communities, particularly the most marginalised
- promoting compassionate, high-quality, community-based health and care
- developing leadership at every level
- influencing community nursing policy and practice by looking to the future and drawing on the lessons of the past
- advancing research, development and education in community nursing
Download our Forward Plan by clicking here.