QNIS supports, develops, and inspires Scotland’s community nurses and midwives to become agents for health improvement and catalysts for social change. Together, we are building a healthier, fairer, kinder Scotland.
We support community nurses and midwives by:
- enabling them to tackle health and care inequity, sustainably, and in partnership with local people
- providing transformational development programmes that inspire compassionate, creative, and courageous leadership
- collaborating with others to shape and influence research-informed responses to Scotland’s public health challenges
- advocating for nursing’s vital contribution to person-centred integrated health and social care
- encouraging a focus on self-care and the fellowship of retired Queen’s Nurses
The late Queen Elizabeth II was our patron. Over the coming months, the Royal Household will conduct a review of Royal Patronage and will be in touch with us soon.